Start your HTML5 with HTML5 boilerplate
Easy to start
Paul Irish is on both Google Chrome team and jQuery team. Both of them are open source projects. Paul is an open source backer. We have covered his CSS3 tool Css3Please in the article, CSS3 tools to get you quickly started for CSS3. Recently, he also launched the html5-boilerplate. A tool used for quickly starting the HTML5 programming.
Html5-boilerplate is not a new framework. It is rather a platform, a blue print, which makes HTML5 programming easy. Paul answered why Html5-boilerplate is awesome.
- Cross-browser compatible (IE6, yeah we got that.)
- HTML5 ready. Use the new tags with certainty.
- Optimal caching and compression rules for grade-A performance
- Best practice site configuration defaults
- Mobile browser optimizations
- Progressive enhancement graceful degradation … yeah yeah we got that
- IE specific classes for maximum cross-browser control
- Handy .no-js and .js classes to style based on capability
- Want to write unit tests but lazy? A full, hooked up test suite is waiting for you.
If you are preparing to use HTML5, Html5-boilerplate is a good starting place.